Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Milestone 2/29/16

Yesterday was a milestone in my journey that began a little over a year ago.

 A year ago, the beginning of February 2015, I began getting sick every 5 or 6 days. When this began, I was cleaning a bedroom and bathroom that some family members had used over the holidays. While they were here thay had the flu for several days. For a couple of weeks I had cracked the windows trying to air the germs out. I had also started back to work, going into schools working with children who had colds and sometimes flu, so I was't really too concerned.

Yesterday, my Power Port was taken out!! In case you are not familiar with a Power Port, it is a device that administers chemotherapy over a long period of time. I had 12 rounds of chemotherapy over 6 months. Each time, the "chemo" bag was attached to the Power Port for 42 hours. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that is quite the milestone. I wish you good health from here on out.
    Thank you for your visit & the flower ID - I always wondered about them.

    ReplyDelete