Tuesday, March 22, 2016

What a difference a year makes . . .

Today I worked in my yard for almost 4 hours. You might ask, "Was the weather really nice?"
No. It wan't bad, but I would have much rather been out working in shorts and a tee shirt than in my sweats. It was cool and overcast, a little windy, but I did enjoy getting out in the fresh air.

A year ago, things were much different. I was dying. Yes, I truly believe that if I had not gone to the hospital, that if I continued to live as I was, within a month, I would be gone. I was not feeling well, not eating much, not doing much more than sleeping. I had little energy and I was loosing weight.

I was waiting to have a colonoscopy. But, before that, I was planning to go out of town for Easter. I told hubby that he would have to get his things together for our 4 day trip, something that I normally did, but just didn't have the energy to do. One thing lead to another and we missed our plane. We spent the whole day in airports flying stand-by. It was all I could do to walk to the places we needed to be and it was almost impossible to carry our carry-ons.

Over the week-end we did several things that involved walking. I pretty much always found a place to sit and watch as other family members were involved in activity. The night before we were to leave I got sick. We ended up calling the airline to see how we could reschedule our flight. We were able to reschedule for the following day. I slept most of the flight. Walking through the airport was one of the hardest things I had to do. I just kept thinking . . . Don't stop, you'll be ok as long as you don't stop.
Hubby told me later that he would have bet that I wouldn't have made it so well on the flight home.

Today, I raked and swept and pushed the wheel barrel. I trimmed bushes and brush from where I wanted it to be. I pulled weeds and picked up branches, all things that I could have never done a year ago. Yes, a year makes a difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment